Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Eating my own cooking II: The Six Directional questions

  • Who are your audiences? Assume at least two: intended and unintended.
Intended: Anybody with a problem to solve.  I'm most familiar with IT and computer issues. By the same token, I'm not your computer technician/network analyst/programmer.  The content here is about thinking your way through the problem(s) you're trying to solve.

Unintended:  Whoever stumbles here because of a search result gone wrong or some other accident. Welcome!  Have a look-see and let me know if you have questions.
  • What does each audience need from you?
Both:  Questions about what they're thinking of and why.  I want to illustrate the questions and their answers as I and others have encountered them.
  • What, if anything, do you need from each customer?
Both:  Questions and answers.  I hope to start conversations about how problems can be solved and what to do if they can't.
  • Will there be restrictions on what each audience can contribute?
Yes.  Comments will be moderated.  I learned the hard way about scam-bots and unfortunate url generation.  If it ends up not being worth the trouble I'll probably turn them off and take feedback some other way.
  • Who will be the administrator(s)?
Me.
  • How often will the site be reviewed for updating and organizing, and who will do it?
Six months seems to be the sweet spot in terms of determining if a blog will live, so I'll go with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment